Portugal was the first country in the world to present a Roadmap for Carbon Neutrality, committing to be neutral in 2050! It is the same as saying that it is committed to not producing more greenhouse gases than nature can absorb.
Salema Eco Camp wants to be part of this history and, for that reason, became the first and only Hotel in the Algarve Region, with the Certificate of Carbon Neutrality – CERTIFICATE OF VERIFIED CARBON UNIT (VCU) RETIREMENT, in November 2021.
HOW DID WE GET HERE?
For those who already know us, and for who have “just arrived”, please be infomed that in all of our services and activities, we always try to minimize the environmental impact, investing in renewable energies, helping to reduce carbon emissions:
- We use solar thermal energy to heat water.
- We have a water saving policy, through the application of reducers on all faucets and placement of charcoal filters, so that all customers can fill their reusable bottles as often as they like, at the 10 water points.
- We join efforts to end the consumption of plastic, by not selling bottles and other plastic packaging.
- Our Eco Store sells organic, sustainable products, mainly local and with the smallest possible carbon footprint.
- Nazari Restaurant works to achieve zero waste, with mostly local and seasonal products.
Find all the information about our Carbon Neutrality project here:
Click here to view PROJECT DETAILS
Click here to view PROJECT REGISTRATION